Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tom Hanks, you're a smooth talker!

"A WHOLE WEEK SINCE YOU POSTED?!?!? WHERE THE $#!! HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!"

I imagine these are things you have been screaming out of desperation or madness at my week long absence. In my head you shake your fists at the sky and cry like a small, disturbed child.

But, alas, I have no idea who "you" are.

So, moving on...

This last week at work has been challenging. I don't remember the last time I felt this tired, this mentally exhausted, this emotionally worn down. It seems like every single time I start to get my head above water in regards to my outrageous list of deadlines and "to-do" items, something else is added to the pile that needs to get done "right away!" I'm not saying I mind. I LOVE what I do. Am I sleeping at night? Notsomuch. Am I happy? Heck yes, gosh!

Today we had a code red in the building during our staff meeting. It's only the second time that's ever happened while I've been here. Basically it means that there's a thunder down under and the desk staff have barricaded themselves behind the glass and are dispatching for help asap. Today it was two clients in the day shelter who had a disagreement and that disagreement quickly escaladed to the brandishing of cutlery...and I don't mean they were sitting down to a jolly good meal together. Well, they probably did later because it was during the lunch hour. But what I mean was, one guy was about to get shanked for rlz.

So all of the male staff went hauling out of the conference room lightning fast while us girls (there are 3 of us) locked ourselves in the room and felt our hearts palpitate.

Bet that hasn't happened at your office has it?

Everything turned out alright in the end but I can't help but think to myself, "Srsly?!?!? It's only Tuesday."

I feel like Tom Hanks' voice should enter into this part of the movie of my life:

"You have to keep going...because you never know what the tide will bring."

Isn't that the truth!?!?

If only I had a glass of ice to wonder and marvel at.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry but I giggled at your shank comment. Glad to know everyone is okay. :) love you and keep up the good work love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! :) Yeah it's serious stuff but you HAVE to have a light heart about it or you'd lose your mind.

    ReplyDelete